Main Course: Chicken or Beef (Cubed), Lamb Shanks or Ground Meat. You can substitute the meat with vegetables for a vegan stew.
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 2 hrs 30 min
Total time: 3 hrs
For the Chicken:
2 lbs Chicken (cut up)
4 large Potatoes (diced)
4 large Carrots (diced)
2 tbsp Hot Chutney
3 medium Onions (chopped)
1 cup of sweet Peas
½ tbsp fresh grated ginger
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp Yellow Indian Curry Rub
1 cup Water
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 tbsp fresh chopped ginger
2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 tbsp fresh grated lemon zest
2 cloves of garlic - chopped
How to prepare your Yellow Indian Chicken Curry Stew:
- Prep your meat by rinsing and patting dry with a paper towel or dishcloth.
- Brown meat over low heat and set aside.
- Place chopped onions in pot and cook on low for 3 min
- Add Indian Curry Blend to pot and toast for a few minutes.
- Place browned meat back into the pot with the onions and curry.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot, except the potatoes, carrots and peas.
- Let it simmer for 2 hours on the stove-top.
- Add the potatoes and carrots and simmer till done, about 20 min.
- Salt and pepper the dish to taste and add the sweet peas.
- Serve over rice and with a side of crunchy, veggie salad.
- Condiments: Use unsweetened coconut, sliced bananas drizzled with lemon and a side of spicy chutney.