Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 70 min
Total time: 1.25 min
1 whole chicken
2 tbsp Antarctica Salt Rub
Extra Virgin Olive oil
2 lemons – juiced
6 cloves of garlic - chopped
1. Prep your chicken by rinsing and patting dry with a paper towel or dishcloth.
2. Rub the meat inside and out with extra virgin olive oil.
3. Using 2-4 tbsp of the Salt Rub, rub your chicken evenly, inside and out.
4. Squeeze lemon juice over chicken and rub with chopped garlic.
5. Place in ovenproof dish and cover with plastic wrap or use a Ziploc bag.
6. Marinade for an hour (overnight is best).
7. Preheat your oven to 425°F(220°C).
8. Remove meat from fridge about 20-30 min prior to roasting.
9. Remove plastic wrap and place in oven.
10. Roast chicken for 20 min, breast side down.
11. Reduce oven heat to 325°F (160°C).
12. Turn chicken breast side up and grill chicken for about another 50 min, until skin is crisp and golden brown.
13. Place on trivet, cover with foil and let meat rest for about 10 min.
14. Serve with grilled veggies and wild rice blend